- Senior Counsel
Mr. Barron joined the firm in 2018 after returning to Alaska to raise a family. He plays a leading role in the firm’s expanding bankruptcy practice and divides the remainder of his practice between general litigation and commercial law. Mr. Barron prides himself on helping clients and colleagues plan and execute sophisticated yet practical strategies in litigation, transactional and general corporate matters, covering large organic deals and bet-the-company litigation as well as more routine matters.
As a veteran of dozens of local, national, and international corporate bankruptcy cases, representing debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, lessors, third party purchasers and other interested parties, Mr. Barron has general and specialized expertise to assist clients with any and all bankruptcy or insolvency related matters they may face. His past clients include Sony, Yahoo!, Western Digital, SanDisk, Oracle, Qwest, Mission Energy/Edison, Cerberus, Harrington Partners, Los Angeles World Airports, and Verizon. Mr. Barron was also debtor’s counsel in the following notable bankruptcy cases: At Home Corporation (Excite.com), MTS (Tower Records), SonicBLUE Corporation (ReplayTV), Chameleon Systems, Advanced Marketing Services and GTS Property Portfolios. Since returning to Alaska, Mr. Barron has represented dozens of companies and individuals with large and small litigation, corporate, and insolvency matters, from initial formation and financing of business ventures through their eventual sale or restructuring, focusing much of his practice within Alaska's growing cannabis industry.
The broad range of Mr. Barron’s practice has given him substantive exposure to the business structures and concerns of entities in dozens of industries. His significant experience seeing how the chips fall when market forces make sudden downturns, or when business plans simply fail to meet expectations, also gives him insight in how best to protect his clients’ interests on the front end, when contracts and business relationships are being formed.
Mr. Barron grew up in Anchor Point and is an avid fisherman.
- Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1999
- Sussex University Faculty of Law, Brighton
- LL.M. - 1997
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1994
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: International Relations, Philosophy (Ethics)
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court District of Alaska
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- In re Urban Broadcasting Corp., 401 F.3d 236 (4th Cir. 2005)
- In re At Home Corporation, 292 B.R. 195 (N.D. Cal. 2003), aff’d 392 F.3d 1064 (9th Cir. 2004)
- In re Chameleon Systems, 306 B.R. 666 (Bankr. N.D. Cal. 2004)
- In re Read-Rite Corp., 393 Fed.Appx. 535 (9th Cir. Aug. 31, 2010), affirming 2007 WL 2318901 (N.D. Cal. Aug. 13, 2007), affirming 2006 WL 2241107 (Bankr. N.D. Cal. June 19, 2006)
- In re Read-Rite Corp., 2006 WL 1214839 (N.D. Cal. May 5. 2006)
Professional and Community Activities
- Chair, Bankruptcy Section, Alaska Bar Association
- Anchorage Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Alaska Chapter