Elisabeth H. Ross
Ms. Ross is the head of the Firm's Energy and Public Utility practice in Washington D.C. She represents a variety of clients before the Regulatory Commission of Alaska and other state and federal agencies, and on legislative issues, focusing on energy and communications.
Ms. Ross has represented electric utilities, renewable energy companies and communications companies for over 35 years before state utility regulatory agencies and on Capitol Hill. She has achieved many successful results in rate, rate design, complaint, certification, merger, regulations, and compliance cases. She has successfully overturned adverse agency decisions in appellate court proceedings, causing agencies to revise decisions of key strategic importance to the Firm's clients. She has aided a variety of renewable energy companies ranging from geothermal and hydro to wind and solar, both on regulatory and legislative issues, to help successfully develop their businesses.
She has aided clients in transactions related to mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure investments, interconnection issues, power purchase agreements, government contracts and other complex matters in the energy and telecommunications areas. Through her extensive knowledge of regulatory issues, she has helped clients navigate due diligence on major infrastructure investment projects. She has also represented state agencies, both in Alaska and in various predominantly rural states nationwide on energy, telecommunications and infrastructure development issues, furthering the public interest.
She advocates her clients' interests on Capitol Hill often to strengthen their agency positions.
Clients have reported to Ms. Ross that they trust her because of her character traits - she is direct, honest and up front. Clients have given her cases in a range of areas outside her specialties, such as fisheries and federal government contracting, because they do trust her, and have seen her engage with proficiency and competence.
Client service is at the heart of Ms. Ross's law practice. She solves client problems cost-effectively because she wants her client relationships to last over the long haul. She is attentive and prioritizes responding to client communications in a timely manner.
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1978
- Brown University
- B.A. - 1974
- Honors: cum laude
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- District of Columbia
- Assistant Attorney General representing the Alaska Public Utilities Commission
- Co-Chair, 2015-2016, Federal Communications Bar Association State and Local Practice Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated
- Tanadgusix Corporation (electric utilities and TDX Power)
- Ares Management, LLC/Energy Investors Fund
- Cyrq Energy
- Alaska Communications
- State of Alaska
- Vermont Public Service Board
- Kansas Corporation Commission