Mr. Earnhart’s practice focuses on labor and employment law, commercial litigation and appeals, and municipal law. He has extensive experience serving as general counsel to village corporations, municipalities, and closely held private corporations. Mr. Earnhart’s skills include drafting and revising contracts; reviewing invitations to bid/proposals; drafting policies; advising in regard to general business and HR matters; and supervising outside counsel.
Mr. Earnhart has been the lead negotiator and counsel on behalf of management on many labor matters, including a number of complex contracts, and has arbitrated numerous grievances. Mr. Earnhart previously served as the Senior Labor and Employment Attorney for the Municipality of Anchorage where he advised the Mayor, the Assembly, and municipal departments in labor negotiations, arbitrations, trial practice, and appellate matters. Prior to the Municipality, he advised private clients on labor issues, including alleged NLRA section 8(a) violations. He also has extensive experience before administrative agencies, including the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights, Anchorage Equal Rights Commission, and U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and has successfully defended clients in wage and hour matters and claims of breach of contract, retaliation, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and race, age, gender, and disability discrimination.
Mr. Earnhart has over 25 years of practice before the Alaska Superior Court, U.S. District Court, and arbitration panels, specializing in employment, commercial, professional malpractice, construction, and injury defense litigation. He has substantial trial experience with more than 20 jury trials to verdict and has successfully litigated dismissal of cases with up to $12,000,000 in exposure. He has also often appeared before the Alaska Supreme Court in appellate matters.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 1994
- Willamette University
- B.A. - 1990
Admitted to Practice
- Alaska, 1994
- Oregon, 1995
- Washington, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Alaska
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Wohlforth, Brecht, Cartledge & Brooking, LLP, Counsel, 2014 to 2015
- Municipality of Anchorage, Senior Labor and Employment Attorney, 2010 to 2014
- Richmond & Quinn, P.C., Anchorage, Alaska, Counsel, 2006 to 2009
- Lane Powell then Lane Powell Spears Lubersky, Anchorage, Alaska, Partner, 1994 to 2006
- Board Member, Nordic Ski Association, Anchorage
- Safety Officer, Board Member, Knik Little League
- Member, Anchorage Planning and Zoning Commission
- Vice President, Eagle River Valley Community Council
- Chair, Zoning Board of Examiners and Appeals Pro Bono Committee
- President, Bayshore Owners’ Association