Mr. Coffey is a lifelong Alaskan, born and raised in Anchorage. He joined the firm in 2017 as a Law Clerk after graduating Law School early. After admission to the Alaska Bar, he accepted an associate position before taking a leave of absence in September to complete a previously-accepted clerkship with the Honorable Peter J. Maassen of the Alaska Supreme Court. He rejoined the firm 2018.
Mr. Coffey’s practice primarily focuses on corporate law, including business formation, corporate governance, and commercial transactions, but also includes commercial litigation, municipal law, and appellate practice. He has experience counseling clients involved in contract disputes, secured transactions, state elections, and conditional use permitting.
During law school, he twice served as a judicial extern to the Lane County Circuit Court, a state trial court of general jurisdiction, and also worked as a research assistant for both his law school’s legal research and writing program and his commercial law professor during this period.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Member
- Honors: Research Assistant, University of Oregon School of Law
- West Anchorage High School
- University of Alaska
- B.B.A. - 2012
- Major: Finance
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court District of Alaska
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Alaska Bar Association
- Moot Court Board, University of Oregon School of Law, Member
- Oregon Law Review, Associate Editor
- Law Offices of Ernouf & Coffey PC, Independent Contractor
- Birch Horton Bittner & Cherot, Law Clerk
- Alaska Supreme Court, Law Clerk
- University of Oregon School of Law, Research Assistant
- Recipient, Shari M. Randall Award, Excellence in Finance