Alternative Dispute Resolution
The alternative dispute resolution (ADR) group at Birch Horton Bittner & Cherot has extensive experience in four areas: securities, contracts, construction and employment disputes. Senior attorney and firm founder has served as an arbitrator or mediator in approximately 500 matters and represented corporate and individual clients as a litigator in over 200 matters in disputes of up to $500 million.
- AAA Get Smart: Issues Surrounding Surveillance in the Workplace (10/09)
- AAA Why Construction Mediations Fail: Avoiding Common Mistakes (10/09)
- AAA Dealing with Delay Tactics in Arbitration (12/07)
- AAA Chairing an Arbitration Panel: Managing Procedures, Process & Dynamics (12/06)
- AAA Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards (10/05)
- AAA Arbitration Ethics and Disclosure, Washington, DC (12/04)
- AAA Arbitrator II Training, New York, NY (03/02)
- AAA Arbitrator Update (2001)
- AAA Mediation Workshop, Chicago, IL (09/01)
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training Workshop, Baltimore, MD (03/99)
- AAA Employment Arbitrator Training, Philadelphia, PA (04/98)
- AAA Basic & Advanced Arbitrator Training, Washington, DC (03/91)
Mr. Birch is the author of articles on contract claims, delay damages and employment-at-will doctrine published in the Journal of Commerce and the Model Handbook for Medical Practices. He has also been a lecturer on “The Employment Relationship And Its Termination” at the Corporate Counsel Institute, Northwestern University.