Legal Representation Of The Highest Quality
  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Federal, State and Local Government Law
  4.  → Federal Concessions and Recreation Law

Federal Concessions and Recreation Law

Last updated on September 24, 2021

Birch Horton Bittner & Cherot attorneys can assist clients in acquiring, retaining, or transferring a variety of concessions contracts, commercial use authorizations, incidental business permits, special use permits, and other forms of federal and state agency authorizations to provide commercial recreational services on public lands.

Our attorneys include former senior federal agency officials and congressional staff who have the invaluable knowledge and experience necessary to successfully navigate the federal system.

We work extensively with the National Park Service (NPS), the U.S. Forest Service and other agencies on matters ranging from contracts for major lodging or transportation to permits for horse packing services.

Many of these issues involve matters affected by Congress as a body and by its members individually. Accordingly, our attorneys maintain strong relationships with key committees, their respective members and staff, including the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources and the House Committee on Natural Resources.


James H. Lister
William P. Horn
Jon M. DeVore