Written by: David Karl Gross
BHBC is pleased to announce that Sarah Badten will appear on KSKA’s public radio show Justice Alaska on Hometown, Alaska on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 from 2pm-3pm. Kathleen McCoy hosts Hometown Alaska and began doing a series on legal issues and access to the court system, called Justice Alaska, co-hosted with Retired Judge Elaine Andrews. Ms. Badten, along with an attorney from Alaska Legal Services, will be discussing landlord-tenant relationships and related legal issues, as well as taking questions from listeners. This segment will focus on educating the public about popular landlord-tenant matters and how to navigate through potential disputes and legal issues. Potential topics include dispute resolution, early lease termination, withholding rent and eviction procedures.
Here are the details:
Show: Justice Alaska on Hometown, Alaska
Station: 91.1 FM, Alaska Public Media
Date: Wednesday April 19, 2:00 pm
Live: Show is conversational for one hour. Listeners can dial in or email questions. Hosts and guests have an ongoing conversation on different elements of the topic.
Hosts: Kathleen McCoy and Elaine Andrews
Other confirmed guest: Alaska Legal Services attorney, Goriune Dudukgian
For more information on Hometown Alaska, please visit: https://www.alaskapublic.org/category/programs/hometownalaska/
For more information regarding the Justice Alaska show, see the below links. To listen to any of the shows, just click on the website for the topic / show you’re interested in listening to, then scroll down to the speaker icon and click the play button.
- Adjusting SB 91: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/03/10/adjusting-senate-bill-91/
- Immigration and refugees in Alaska, and the President’s Executive Orders: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/02/10/immigration-and-refugees-in-alaska-and-the-presidents-executive-order/
- How Traffic Court Works: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/01/13/how-traffic-court-works/
- A Conversation with Chief Justice Craig Stowers: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/12/16/a-conversation-with-chief-justice-craig-stowers/
- Domestic Violence and the Alaska Justice System: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/11/11/domestic-violence-and-the-alaska-justice-system/
- How Courts Protect Vulnerable Alaskans – Children: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/10/14/%e2%80%8bhow-courts-protect-vulnerable-alaskans-children/
- How Courts Protect Vulnerable Alaskans – the Elderly: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/09/16/how-the-courts-work-for-the-wellbeing-of-vulnerable-alaskans/
- The Legal Fallout from Divorce: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06/10/the-legal-fallout-from-divorce/
- Anatomy of a Criminal Case: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/05/13/anatomy-of-a-criminal-case/
- Finding a Lawyer: What are the Options?: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/04/15/finding-a-lawyer-what-are-the-options/
- Choosing Alaska’s Judges: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/03/11/choosing-alaskas-judges/